Las Vegas Wedding Ideas and Tips
Ringing In 2023 With “I Do?”Las Vegas Has Weddings For Every Couple.
Las Vegas is considered the “Wedding Capital of the World,” and with good reason. Each year, over 122,000 couples obtain a marriage license because here you can marry at any time of the day or night, personalize it so your wedding caters to your style no matter how unusual, have it be as formal or informal as you like, and you and your guests are guaranteed to have a great time. It probably doesn’t hurt that there is no wedding period, and no pre-wedding blood tests either. Even an impromptu, spur-of-the-moment wedding is no problem.
While there are over a dozen wedding chapels along The Strip, all offering various wedding packages, there are many professional planners in Las Vegas that are experts in creating a ceremony that will take you to prestigious locations throughout the city, all while organizing receptions, flowers, photographs, and more. In fact, many companies offer a menu of selections that include Garden, Grand Canyon, Red Red, and of course, Chapel weddings. They also can arrange what some would expect from a Sin City wedding, such as a ceremony with an Elvis impersonator, or an actual 80’s rockstar, Quiet Riot frontman Paul Shortino who now is a wedding minister and will perform at your ceremony. Chances are, whatever kind of wedding you desire, can be done.
Unique and Bizarre Wedding Locations:
If a stand-alone chapel isn’t your thing, here are some other unique locations you may want to consider.
- Neon Boneyard – There are over 150 neon signs, many famous reminders of old Las Vegas, resting over a two-acre lot. Couples who revere vintage Vegas may find this the perfect location to say “I do.”
- The Las Vegas Sign – Yes, you can get married right in front of the iconic “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign. A simple ceremony will be conducted by an officiant.
- Mob Museum – For those that think marriage is like a prison sentence, then this is the perfect location to exchange vows. Here you and your partner will marry in the courthouse where at one time, gangsters were prosecuted.
- Denny’s Wedding Chapel – That’s right, Denny’s Restaurant on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas has its very own wedding chapel. Seriously. You can get married, then grab a table and enjoy a Grand Slam breakfast afterwards.
- Interested in getting hitched while traveling at 67 miles per hour? Then hop aboard the Roller Coaster at New York, New York. Take up to 16 friends, and the ceremony can be performed in the middle of the twist!
Needless to say, the above just scratches the surface of the most unusual locations to get married in Las Vegas. Whatever you can dream of, there is an excellent chance it can happen when creating a ceremony unique to you and your future spouse-to-be.
Of course, all along Las Vegas Boulevard are a variety of chapels that are open 24/7 should you prefer a more traditional, or maybe not so traditional wedding. Here are just a few you may want to consider:
- The Little Church of the West – Opened in 1942, and located on the historic Strip near the “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign, this is perhaps one of the more famous chapels. Celebrities married here include Judy Garland, Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton, Cindy Crawford, and Richard Gere, just to name a few.
- Graceland Wedding Chapel – What can shout out “thankyouverymuch” more than having Elvis give the bride away? Or maybe even singing a song or two during the ceremony? You can also have an online video feed so family and friends can be included who cannot make the ceremony. They also offer helicopter and Red Rock wedding ceremonies as well.
- Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapels – With over 50 themes, half of which include Elvis, here you can customize your ceremony by mixing or creating your own. Other popular options include vampires, Old West, Dracula, Rock and Roll, and more. Traditional weddings are also included for those that want to play it safe.
Of course, all of the major hotels offer wonderful wedding ceremonies as well. If you prefer elegance, you may want to consider the Bellagio, which has two indoor chapels with stained glass windows and beautiful chandeliers. Courtyard and terrace locations, with the fountains in the background shooting skyward are also available. The Wynn is also a popular location and offers a luxury setting also. Some of their themed weddings include The Zen Ceremony, The Social Affair, or the Lake of Dreams Terrace Ceremony. All are absolutely stunning.
Whatever your preference, budget, or personality, be assured that nowhere on earth can you experience a one-of-a-kind wedding like in Las Vegas. From a spontaneous party of two to a well-thought-out and elegant celebration for 100, here you can have the ceremony of your dreams.
For License Information, contact the Clark County Marriage License Bureau.