Mancations in Las Vegas
No doubt about it, the old saying, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” was probably uttered after an exciting and eventful guys’ getaway, otherwise known as a “mancation.” With so much to see and do, from sporting events to thrill rides to top restaurants and entertainment, the city known as “The Entertainment Capital of the World,” promises a one of a kind vacation for those gentlemen eager to escape and enjoy all that Las Vegas offers, and that’s no shortlist.
Here are some of the more popular Las Vegas destinations that the Hangover movie missed. And a word of advice: Some of these require advance reservations so book early if you can!
Adventure at The Stratosphere:
Love thrills and chills? Daredevil adventures? Heights? Then The Strat Skypod is the place to visit with its heart-stopping, death-defying over the top rides all while promising to induce an adrenaline overload.
First, discover the 909-foot high roller coaster, called the X Scream, said to be the highest in the world. It resembles a teeter-totter that falters 27 feet over the edge of the hotel overlooking the Las Vegas Strip. If that’s not enough, you can also try the Big Shot where guests are strapped in, shot 160 feet up in the air at 45 miles per hour up to just over 1,000 feet before being released and falling.
Also available, The Insanity, Sky Jump, and, for a calmer experience, enjoy the Observation Tower, offering an eye-popping 360-degree view of the city from either indoors or outdoors. With floor-to-ceiling glass, full air conditioning for those blistering summer months, here you can look through viewfinders for perhaps the best views of Las Vegas anywhere.
With so many casinos in Las Vegas, it’s difficult to choose where to find some of the top poker venues whether recreational or high stakes. Some of the highest-rated venues by true gamblers include the following:
- Aria – One of Las Vegas’s newest casinos, the Ivey Room boasts an eye appealing facility offering high stakes games as well as lower limit tables. Pros play next to novices, making it a true Vegas experience.
- Wynn – If playing recreationally, Wynn offers a variety of tables for those who have a tight budget, to those that are happy to break the bank.
- Bellagio – This is the place to go as this is the mecca of where the richest and most successful poker players meet. The Bobby’s Room has two exclusive tables boasting lots of privacy.
- Rio All-Suite – If you visit between late May to July, prepare for crowds as this is where the World Series of Poker has been located since 2005 attracting thousands of players, both professional and novice. The $10,000 No-Limit Hold’em Main Event of the WSOP is considered to be the most important event of the year in the poker world.
Las Vegas is well known for lush, top-of-the-line golf courses, not to mention some of the most expensive. The most highly rated and exclusive clubs include:
- Shadow Creek Golf Course – Rated the top golf course in Nevada, and where a round of golf can go as high as $500, (but includes limousine and caddie naturally) this course is available only to those MGM Resorts Hotels guests from Monday thru Thursday, with Fridays thru Sunday available for high rollers and celebrities.
- Cascata Golf Course – This is considered the rival to Shadow Creek and built by Caesars Entertainment. While a ways from the Las Vegas Strip, fees are still costly with Caesars’ guests receiving discounts and preferred tee times.
- Wynn – You don’t have to be a guest of the Wynn Hotel to play, and the course is conveniently located just off the lobby.
- TCP Las Vegas – Located approximately 15 minutes from the Strip, here you will play with Red Rock and Las Vegas city views.
- Top Golf at the MGM Grand Hotel – This is perhaps the ultimate Las Vegas golf and entertainment experience. In fact, even golf pros have been spotted here! Open to tourists, golfers, non golfers and locals, this venue is located on eight acres just behind the MGM Grand. Containing 108 climate controlled hitting bays, concert area, two pools, cabanas, five bars, Callaway Fitting Studio, retail shop and so much more, this four level, 105,000 square foot extravaganza has become a huge hit on the Las Vegas strip not to mention throughout the city and surrounding area.Ideal for playing year round, particularly during the hot summer months, guests will discover interactive golf games that host up to six players of all skill levels and ages. The microchipped golf balls track your accuracy and distance. Feel like betting? Of course you do, after all, you are in Vegas, and Top Golf offers the Sports Book, located in the main area so fans can bet while watching sports on the oversized screens. For more information, visit Topgolf Las Vegas at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino!
Las Vegas is home to hundreds of nightclubs. Be sure and check times and days, as some are only open from Thursday – Sunday. Here are some of the more popular and classy venues along the strip:
- The Bank – Located at the world renowned Bellagio, this premier nightclub destination will impress from the moment you walk in. High energy, this is a world class club that must be on the top of anyone’s list.
- Tao – The Venetian has one of the hottest nightclubs on the Strip. With it’s Pacific Rim inspired interior and lounge, as well as outdoor terrace overlooking the Las Vegas Blvd, people start lining up prior to its 10:00pm opening.
- Drai’s Nightclub – The Cromwell has opened a 1,785 square foot facility with a one of a kind sound system, offering a unique, high energy experience. Admission is complimentary for hotel guests but there is a charge for non-hotel guests.
- XS – The Wynn Hotel has pulled out all the stops with this very expensive, though well worth it, night club extravaganza. Showcasing some of the best DJ’s in the business, and a dance floor that is always crowded, you can also enjoy the outdoor pool area for some fresh air and drinks.
No matter your budget, there is so much more to do in Las Vegas. With top hotels, spas, sporting clubs and a host of other activities to keep you busy all day and well into the early morning hours, take advantage of one of the country’s top destinations for pure relaxation and loads of fun.