WSOP 2015: Complete Schedule & Side Series
As for every year the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas will be the must-go for poker enthusiasts around the world.
We invite you to discover all the information about this 46th edition as well as the side series which are organized by other casinos.
The WSOP 2015 will be held at the Rio All-Suite convention center.
No less than 68 tournaments will deliver a world champion bracelet for buy-ins from $565 (for the dealers tournament and the “Colossus”) to $111,111 for the “high roller for one drop” .
Among the novelties of the 2015 edition will be noted in particular:
- May 29-30: Event #5 - $565 Colossus No-Limit Hold’em: For the first time a tournament with a $565 buy-in will deliver a world champion bracelet. This tournament promises to be colossal, as its name indicates, since a guaranteed prize pool of $5,000,000 has been announced and organizers hope to beat the largest number of players in a live tournament record!
- May 31: Event #6 - $1,000 Hyper No-Limit Hold’em with a fast, two-day structure
- June 20: Event #42 - $1,500 Extended Play No-Limit Hold’em featuring longer, 90-minute levels
- June 21: Event #43 - $1,000 Super Seniors No-Limit Hold’em. Must be age 65+ to enter
- June 26: Event #53 - $5,000 Turbo No-Limit Hold’em, two-day structure with a high buy-in.
- June 27: Event #55 - $1,500 DraftKings 50/50 No-Limit Hold’em. Half the field to be paid.
- June 29: Event #60 - $25,000 High Roller 8-handed Pot-Limit Omaha. 4-day event
- July 1: Event #62 - $1,500 Bounty No-Limit Hold’em. Every player is a bounty. Each is worth $500
- July 3: Event #65 - $777 Lucky 7’s No-Limit Hold’em, featuring a first-ever $777 price point.
- July 3: Event #67 - $10,000 Dealers Choice, featuring 19 variants – the most ever played in a single WSOP event
Also, for the first time, a wsop event will be played online! . It will happen on wsop.com poker room on July 2 at noon with a $1 000 buy-in and the final two players will compete live at the Rio All-Suite on July 3.
2 successfull events will also return :
- Friday, June 5/Saturday, June 6: Millionaire Maker $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em. Now features two starting days, with flights beginning at a new time – 10 a.m. – both Friday and Saturday. Starting chip stack is now 7,500 in chips. Players who are eliminated in the morning flight may re-enter the 4 p.m. flight
- Friday, June 12/Saturday, June 13: Monster Stack $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em. Now features two starting days, with both flights starting at 10 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Starting chip stack is 15,000 in chips.
Some important changes have been made on the tournament structures especially on the starting stacks for the WSOP events that have a buy-in under $10,000. For a few years now the starting stacks used to be equal to 3 times the buy-in, they are this year increased to 5 times the buy-in for several tournaments:
- $565 buy-in: 5,000 starting chips (Colossus, new event; 10 times the buy-in, same as last year’s Monster Stack)
- $777 buy-in: 5,000 starting chips (new buy-in level this year, treated like a $1k event) – 100 big blinds
- $1,000 buy-in: 5,000 starting chips (increase of 66% over 2014) – 100 big blinds
- $1,500 buy-in: 7,500 starting chips (increase of 66% over 2014) – 150 big blinds
- $2,500 buy-in: 12,500 starting chips (increase of 66% over 2014) – 167 big blinds
- $3,000 buy-in: 15,000 starting chips (increase of 66% over 2014) – 200 big blinds
- $5,000 buy-in: 25,000 starting chips (increase of 66% over 2014) – 250 big blinds
In addition to these new starting stacks, new blind levels have been added : low buy-in events will feature the 250/500 blind level, and later on the 2500/5000 level.
Late registrations will now be allowed during the first eights levels for the events with buy-ins $2500 or more in most cases.
The Main event will start on July 5 and will features:
- A guarantee to pay out a minimum 1,000 places. The event must have a minimum 5,000 entrants for this to go into effect.
Here is the full schedule of the WSOP 2015 as well as the satellites:
The Rio will also host three different daily No-Limit Hold’em tournaments from May 27 to July 14. These events don’t deliver world champion bracelet but are very popular with very large number of entrants and big prizepools for low buy-ins tournaments.
- $235 buy-in: Everyday at 3pm
- $185$ buy-in: Everyday at 6pm
- $135 buy-in: Everyday at 10pm
GENERAL INFORMATION AND ADVICES:
- To register for an event WSOP you must first register for a TOTAL REWARDS cards. That card can be deliver directly at the cashier where you register at the Rio All-Suite, all you need is a valid I.D., however, to save time, we advise you to get that card before. You can do this card in any Caesar’s group casino (see our article on casino players club programs here)
- To get to the Rio All-Suite from the Strip, in addition to taxis, free shuttles are available at the Bally's departing every 30 minutes between 10am and 1am. Note that at peak times these shuttles are often very busy.
- At peak hours (just before the tournaments start) long queues can form at cashiers. It is strongly advised to register your event at least the day before knowing that these cashiers are open 24/24 for the duration of the WSOP
GOLDEN NUGGET GRAND POKER SERIES 2015
From May 27 to July 3, the Golden Nugget also organizes its series with lower buy-ins than the wsop. Tournaments in many variants are available for buy-ins from $150 to $560 for the main event with a guaranteed prizepool of $500,000!
BELLAGIO CUP XI
The Bellagio will organize a $10,000 biy-in tournament.
Here is the schedule:
VENETIAN DEEPSTACK EXTRAVAGANZA III
From May 20 to July 19 the DEEPSTACK EXTRAVAGANZA returns at the Venetian.