WSOP 2016, Wind of ‘Change’
Not a president’s campaign slogan, but rather a call that should get all Poker enthusiasts excited. Much better than the average politician, the WSOP keep their promises and announces a bunch of news for this year.
New activities, revisited prize pools, new competitions, the return of the Colossus and the removal of some events…: here are the major WSOP updates for this year!
From June 1st on and for the 12th time in a row, the Poker World Champions will kick off the show at Rio All-Suite and Casino. This mystical Las Vegas venue has witnessed some of the greatest take down some of their most prestigious titles and LasVegasJaunt.com will not be missing anything of it this year in order to share the thrill with its readers.
Sixty-nine bracelets are up for grabs in 2016 including the return of the great Colossus for its second edition with a crew ready to smash new records again.
Below, you will we find some of the most significant changes and updates for this year’s World Series of Poker:
– Tournaments will start from 11 am or 3 pm in order not to finish too late at night (some competitions will even start at 10 am, like the Colossus for instance)
– 15% of the players will make the money when most of the structures used to pay only 10% of the field. This will significantly increase the number of ITM players (by approx. +50%).
– A team event will be available for a buy-in of $1.000. Each team will be composed of 2-4 players with switches that can occur between every hand.
– On wsop.com, you can increase your starting stack for the WSOP Event #4 for only $55. As a matter of fact, online satellites will grant their winners double the starting stack planned for this event.
– For the first time in WSOP history, a Pot Limit Omaha event will be available for a buy-in as low as $565.
– Big One For One Drop, Split Format, 10-Game Mix and Draftkings 50/50, those events will be missing on the schedule this year.
– The Main Event starting stack will be up to 50k chips for the same buy-in of $10.000.
– LasVegasJaunt.com will be on the spot in the heart of the Rio and WSOP summer frenzy, day and night, early in the morning and late in the evening.
See you in Las Vegas for the bracelet hunt from the beginning of the WSOP and follow our live updates from June 19th on!