MGM Resorts Parking Fees: Rules and Rates
As you may know, MGM resorts international announced a few weeks ago that they would start instituting fees for self and valet parking in all their Las Vegas properties.
Yesterday a press realease revealed that parking fees would begin to roll out on June 6, 2016.
The go live dates for each properties are:
- June 6: ARIA, Vdara, Bellagio, Monte Carlo, & New York-New Yor
- June 7: Excalibur, Luxor & Circus Circus (valet only at Circus Circus)
- June 8: MGM Grand & The Mirage
- June 13: Mandalay Bay & Delano
Self Parking Rules and Rates
For Park MGM, Luxor and Excalibur:
- 0 to 60 minutes: Complimentary
- 1 to 4 hours: $5
- 4 to 24 hours: $8
- Over 24 hours: $8 for each additional day
For Aria, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Mirage and New York-New York:
- 0 to 60 minutes: Complimentary
- 1 to 4 hours: $7
- 4 to 24 hours: $10
- Over 24 hours: $10 for each additional day
Valet Parking Rules and Rates
For Monte Carlo, Luxor, Excalibur and Circus Circus:
- 0 to 4 hours: $8
- 4 to 24 hours: $13
- Over 24 hours: $13 for each additional day
For Aria, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, New York-New York, Vdara and Delano:
- 0 to 4 hours: $13
- 4 to 24 hours: $18
- Over 24 hours: $18 for each additional day
How does it work?
If you’re a hotel guest, you will use your room key to access the parking garage and the fee will then be charged to your room.
Once you’ve used one of the parking garages, you then gain access to in-out privileges to all the other properties parking garages with your room key.
Of course it must be the same parking type: if you paid a self-parking you can access all other self-parking garages, and if you paid for valet parking you can use all other valet parkings.
Lucky ones who won’t have to pay:
- Self-parking up to 24 hours is complimentary for guests with a valid Nevada driver’s license until 12/29/2016.Scan your valid Nevada Driver’s License for entry and exit (you do not need to take a ticket)
- Self-parking is complimentary for M life Rewards Members level Pearl, Gold, Platinum or Noir.
- Valet parking is complimentary for M life Rewards members level Gold, Platinum or Noir.
Note that if you have booked a room prior to May 19, 2016 for arrival on or after June 6, 2016, the self-parking services will be complimentary.
You can visit their official website for more information: https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/things-to-do/parking.html
This is probably the worst news since the institution of resort fees from our customer point of view.
As for now CET and other resorts have declared that they were not thinking of charging for parking in the near future but unfortunately when we look at what happened with resort fees it didn’t last very long before every resort started following the trend… Time will tell.
I’ve just about had it with all these fees. Been going at least twice a year since 1999, time to get to all of the other resorts across US. VEGAS ain’t the only game in tosn
I agree. Pay for Vegas strip parking ? Are you kidding me? Gamblers are already down before they place their first bet. Negative impact on psychology of a gambler. They should comp the parking if a player gambles
I hate add-ons!
We were coming down for a week in Sept. but screw it. I’m going to go to a few local Indian Casinos instead. I’d rather spend my money on the tables than in the parking lot etc.
Good bye Vegas.
I agree. I came to Vegas to gamble however with all the add on charges (parking, resort fees) I’m broke before I start. Plus the food and beverage prices are abserb. I enjoyed coming to Vegas in the past but with these changes this will be my last visit.